• Yas Marina

• Nordschleife

• Nurburging

• COTA

• Road America

• Monaco

• Not Listed here...

Results are only viewable after voting.
I have been using for just about 1000 hours of racing time with my pedals and wheel. I am a casual racer and i have been my Nintendo Switch Mariokart deluxe wheel and pedal set, mainly cuz i am lazy with some stuff. The wheel finally has lost my center 90 degrees before it engages split evenly left and right it seems, and i can halfway make use of it, but i think it is dying from all the use i have given it in like the past 16 months.

I know what push to pass is, can someone please explain DRS? Is the same thing?
Should I buy a replacement of what i got, or look into buying a 200 dollar or so wheel that is more rectangular like for the cars i find myself driving in all the time?
What would be the cheapest wheel WITH DRS button i can buy for assetto corsa, and is it an easy feature to use?

I see all these ads for all this different equipment and what do you recommend for what i am doing based on how I am Sim racing casually with lemans, f1, indy, gtp, class cars? On occasion ill jump into my virtual 3000gt or a corvette for a scenic drive.

Last edited:
IF i decide to go the upgrade route and go full submersion, like force feedback, gaming seat setup with vertical pedals, etc. with my vr am i asking a lot more phyically out my computer or gaming system, or what would i want to be looking into getting to handle such an intense setup? i got a levono legion gaming something im using right now...i dont care much to know exactly what it is or the specs as long as it can do what im asking it to do...tis the life of casual video gamer...nor would i want to divulge that kind of info online willy nilly like i see people doing...

IF I WANT a thrustmaster, OR the ability to switch between a circular AND rectangular wheel what should I do?

Why does this planet need the creation of 1000 different sim racing wheels? can we even tell a difference?

Last edited:
Oh ok. I wasnt sure if that was an overtake poll or not.

Peripherals dont take much CPU power and I assume its even less between different types, not measurable. If your PC runs your games in VR already without issue, I wouldnt worry.

Nobody can do anything with the info about your hardware however, I dont believe thats even relevant.

Theres people much more qualified to talk about the differences in hardware here or rather, what might be your best path here. Telling us your budget and goals might help others help you tho. (Lol kinda funny, I use that line A LOT on a couple car forums when people ask for a performance upgrade path or something)

When it comes to differences in wheel bases, theres not much difference other than power and speed. I guess you can take into account how you feel about certain companies but usually you just pick a base with enough power for you. -But if you come from a wheel that didnt have force feedback, anything with FF will feel incredible. Just know, the lower end stuff usually does not have the ability to swap wheels.

I THINK some of the mid end Thrustmaster stuff has swappable wheels, not sure which ones tho.

Last edited:

Latest News

What is the reason for your passion for sim racing?

• Watching real motorsport

Votes: 482 69.4%
  • Physics and mechanics

Votes: 295 42.4%
  • Competition and adrenaline

Votes: 318 45.8%
  • Practice for real racing

Votes: 148 21.3%
  • Community and simracers

Votes: 190 27.3%
Back